Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hair Typing...I just don't get it.

The most difficult part of my transition has been trying to figure out what my hair type is. I've lurked* around many blogs, forums and website trying to learn my hair type and I just get confused and it doesn't help that it appears there are different situations going on up there. The alpha-numeric (or Walker) system seems to be just based on curl/wave pattern; but this LOIS systems has my brain in knots. It also takes sheen, shine (I thought those two things were the same), frizz and the moisture absorption. 
So, since I have yet to figure out what my hair is like with a cute little code, you'll be getting the long, wordy, drawn out version. Yay you.

Let's start with the back. From the nape of the neck to about halfway up the ear, my hair has very skinny spiral curls. They look like the springs in a retractable pen but longer and thicker. I am pretty confident that this area is 4A (if 4A means having a definite curl pattern and 4B is more of a zig-zag or less defined). After this point, it's all crazy. Around my ears and temples, it looks like my hair is more 3C than any thing else. Around my forehead and crown, my hair is 3B. There is one section just below the crown and to the right that is just sad. I've been calling it 3A; but it is not even that curly. It's just a slightly wavy chunk of hair and I have no idea how it got there. 
It took me months to even figure this out (hey, I never claimed to be a genius). So as the story goes on, you will have some idea of what I'm working with. We will add pictures once I figure out how.

*I don't want to sound creepy and I will always give credit where credit is due. I'm just a fly low and avoid the radar type person. I don't Facebook, Twitter or anything like that. I even hate having my picture taken. The only reason I am doing this is because my mom asked and she still will back hand me.**
**Okay, she won't really*** hit me , partly because I live halfway across the country (and she never back handed me-I am just being an ass) and she loves me.
***She really is going to hit me after reading this post.

No comments: